Drugged Driving

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Xephos
End Game

Drugged Driving

Postby Xephos » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:29 am

What was simply meant as a funny story quickly turned into posts that seemed heated. Names got called, opinions were tossed and, not wanting that in a thread that was meant to be light-hearted, I asked the thread be deleted.

However, along the subject of drugged driving, I came across another post this morning on Reddit where someone posed the question "How many of you think it's okay to drive under the influence of Marijuana?" I read every comment, and all the links associated with it. Some are crap, some are actually research driven articles based on experiments and physical data.

The best article I found was produced by NORML (Article). The article was last updated in February 2008, so its slightly dated when dealing with drug, specifically marijuana, research. Regardless of your stand on this point, it was a nice article to read along with a hefty supply of citations to researches and government agencies.
Permanent Agony FNG
"I only wanna do it once, and I want to be strapped into a dude"

Argagarg
End Game

Postby Argagarg » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:19 pm

you are so weird

Wilum
End Game

Postby Wilum » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:51 pm

good stuff. i personally would like to see marijuana legalized, but then you run into the issue of driving while "impaired." to me though it's the same as drunk driving, yet alcohol isn't a banned drug/substance... a slightly less convincing point is that some people manage to be even more coherant after smoking marijuana (though that'd be tough to prove on the spot).

whatevs, i still say it ought to be legalized, regardless of what people might think of marijuana and it's side-effects.

Spaztik
Sr. Peon

Postby Spaztik » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:42 am

I rather ride with someone that is a little stoney bologna then someone that is on their phone texting and looking at the screen the whole time. NEITHER RE OKAY. But there are a lot of other things that are legal that are just as detrimental to your safety then smoking weed. ( Obviously not proven just an opinion.)

PS Xephos - That link was pretty cool. I am pretty sure if Taco Bell delivered, accidents after midnight would go down 50%.

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:03 am

Spaztik
Sr. Peon

Postby Spaztik » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:06 am

Fydax wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pgZ8adAZ_0

Please do not drive under the influence of just being jacked in the face with a watermelon.

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:58 am

dude, she cant feel her face! that would make driving while applying makeup VERY DANGEROUS!

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:10 pm

That link was pretty cool. I am pretty sure if Taco Bell delivered, accidents after midnight would go down 50%.

I used to deliver for a sandwich joint when going to college - hey, you get money every way you can trying to make it through school. Anyway, I would always try to be on the schedule for Friday and Saturday nights. This was money in the bank - every Friday and Saturday, we'd get a crapton of orders from stoners, which came through in multiple ways:

1) They always ordered more food than was humanly possible to eat
2) They often had no clue of the value of money after the nth bong hit, and would say things like "is $20 a good delivery tip?"
3) They could be 50 feet from the restaurant and would still order delivery, because nothing makes you a lazy SOB like getting high apparently.

If there is a union of delivery drivers, I'm pretty sure they will be putting everything they can behind the drive to legalize pot in CA.

-Remagi
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

Spaztik
Sr. Peon

Postby Spaztik » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:22 pm

There was a place in Lansing that would deliver any thing. A group of 5-6 of us would order from BK, Taco Bell. Wendy's, and 7-11 and they just added a 3 dollar charge to every place they had to go. It was amazing. How many people can say they had Cinnamon Curls from Taco Bell, a Slurpee from 7-11 a Whopper from BK and a Frosty from Wendy's in the same meal.

Xephos
End Game

Postby Xephos » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Spaztik wrote:There was a place in Lansing that would deliver any thing. A group of 5-6 of us would order from BK, Taco Bell. Wendy's, and 7-11 and they just added a 3 dollar charge to every place they had to go. It was amazing. How many people can say they had Cinnamon Curls from Taco Bell, a Slurpee from 7-11 a Whopper from BK and a Frosty from Wendy's in the same meal.

A few friends and I here had that idea. I still think we should do it for this last year I have in college
Permanent Agony FNG

"I only wanna do it once, and I want to be strapped into a dude"

Argagarg
End Game

Postby Argagarg » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Argagarg
End Game

Postby Argagarg » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Return to “Agony General”