The potential of a fury warrior

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Steereye
Sr. Peon

The potential of a fury warrior

Postby Steereye » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:33 pm

rank 14 fury warrior with (i think) some aq gear. (has berserker many times though)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... sh&pl=true

fury warrior with thunderfury, tons of buffs also.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ge&pl=true

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:58 am

and they say rogue dps is fine

Paldail
Sr. Peon

Postby Paldail » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:12 pm

hulksmash is fucking.. scary ass shit... just wow lol

talk about killing everyone with their flag.. and bezerking thats hawt
Paldail lvl 70 Paladin retired!
Arrowup lvl 65 Ranger retired!
Arrowup lvl 60 Hunter retired!

Paldail lvl 70 Warrior - Sold out to Vindication!

foob
N00b

Postby foob » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:11 pm

How could you even defend againt that ?

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Mon May 01, 2006 12:44 pm

Limit his mobility and deal from a distance (but not enough for him to charge ping pong you).

He's fighting various fear capable classes and they aren't fearing him...their fault. The melees I can understand dropping to him in a heartbeat with that equipment, but the casters have no excuse. Don't let him close.

This guy would rip through shaman like no tomorrow, good thing he's horde =).
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

kadoolaroo
Sr. Peon

Postby kadoolaroo » Mon May 01, 2006 2:59 pm

sheep him....then nuke him :) game over.

I bet zullock would rip him to pieces..as kadoo i could probably heal myself while he was on me and others took him out. of course if he catches you are half health or with a rouge on you, you're toast..

that guy wrecked shop but i bet i could take him :)

Stromm
Staff

Postby Stromm » Mon May 01, 2006 3:01 pm

remagi wrote:Limit his mobility and deal from a distance (but not enough for him to charge ping pong you).

He's fighting various fear capable classes and they aren't fearing him...their fault. The melees I can understand dropping to him in a heartbeat with that equipment, but the casters have no excuse. Don't let him close.

This guy would rip through shaman like no tomorrow, good thing he's horde =).

You do understand the concept of he's a fury warrior right? Berserker rage every 30 seconds, death wish every 3 minutes, plus he may have other tricks up his sleeve. Fearing good warriors is like wasting mana unless you get lucky and catch them at a bad time.
STROMMFUUCCKKKKKKK

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Mon May 01, 2006 4:56 pm

It beats having him in melee range. At his current damage rate he'll kill any clothie in about 1-2 seconds. Your only choice is to get seperation from him - crowd control, fear, MC, ice block him, whatever.

The real deal with these type of videos though, is a high end equipped player who gets crits is just going to kill you. It's a little more bothersome with warriors and rogues because there is no blanket deterrent to physical damage - at least with a mage you could always just max out the appropriate resist and stand a chance.
GREEN.

Arly
End Game

Postby Arly » Mon May 01, 2006 6:41 pm

No blanket deterrent to physical damage...

I might have the wrong understanding of this, but if one gets enough + Defense gear, isnt it nearly impossible to crit on them? if so, sounds like a good deterrent to me. There is a balance, with caster, lose stats for resist gear, against melee, lose starts for defense gear.

Steereye
Sr. Peon

Postby Steereye » Tue May 02, 2006 4:32 am

Arly wrote:No blanket deterrent to physical damage...

I might have the wrong understanding of this, but if one gets enough + Defense gear, isnt it nearly impossible to crit on them? if so, sounds like a good deterrent to me. There is a balance, with caster, lose stats for resist gear, against melee, lose starts for defense gear.

not 100% sure on this, but i dont think defense gear helps against crit in pvp.

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Tue May 02, 2006 6:58 am

I crit warriors in PvP all the time. Oh, and cold blood eviscerate = crits ftw.

Ink
End Game

Postby Ink » Tue May 02, 2006 7:07 am

hunter could eat him if the hunter was on his toes with toys.

FD retrap, frost with root ability or flat out hold him till you call al your buds over. Wingclip then FD/Scatter shot to force his target on your pet. Could be done just not easy, theres lots of ways to beat someone as a hunter its just a matter of abilities and toys.
"I ran a couple heroics with Rd a long time ago before he was even in Agony, but I think that's it" - Gannis

kadoolaroo
Sr. Peon

Postby kadoolaroo » Tue May 02, 2006 9:59 am

steereye1 wrote:
Arly wrote:No blanket deterrent to physical damage...

not 100% sure on this, but i dont think defense gear helps against crit in pvp.

Yes, Defence helps ALOT in pvp...I used to owe warriors back in the day when i ran around with my Invulnerable mail and +Def gear...i had 431 defence on with all +def greens i was rarely crited on..and i parried alll the time.

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Tue May 02, 2006 10:04 am

There's lots of debate on whether +defense works the same in PvE versus PvP, but regardless if it's exactly the same or somewhat the same or completely different, the problem is that a player who has selected +crit% gear has a huge advantage over a mob, even most raid mobs, in that stat. Yet the gear is made primarily for the PvE encounters.

Kind of immaterial though, because where is a clothie going to get that kind of defense? This guy is steady critting full plate warriors. They probably aren't the best equipped, but I'd wager their +defense is running a lot higher than your average clothie =).

>I used to owe warriors back in the day when i ran around with my Invulnerable mail and +Def gear...i had 431 defence on with all +def greens i was rarely crited on..and i parried alll the time.

They nerfed that rate, it was uncapped. And parry is a seperate computation to crit mitigation I believe (dodge, parry, mitigation are all seperate was my recollection).

Blizzard needs to be really careful about mudflation in items related to PvP, stuff like this is going to become more and more common, and it's a real disincentive to somebody who is starting out in PvP to find an opponent you just can't beat regardless of even luck, who is able to clean your clock in seconds every time.
GREEN.

Tryte
Sr. Peon

Postby Tryte » Wed May 03, 2006 6:38 am

And blizzard has stated pvp has never been balanced and wont be, this game is a PVE game. PVP is icing...

Return to “Agony General”