Zelda Fans?

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Beezer
Sr. Peon

Zelda Fans?

Postby Beezer » Mon May 22, 2006 5:40 am

Milkfactory
Peon

Postby Milkfactory » Mon May 22, 2006 5:52 am

Wow
RagnarO's, the tasty cereal with a molten core. "By Fiber Be Purged!"

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 am

Yeah. That game is going to own.

Klyptix
Guild Hater

Postby Klyptix » Mon May 22, 2006 9:14 am

A very interesting game if all of the boss battles have strats such as that. Figuring out is the fun part however most will just use a guide and be lame. Obviously knowing what to do made that battle very easy.

I havn't played a zelda game since they went 3d. idk, it just lost its zelda feel. my all time favorite was on the gameboy, i forget the title.

i assume the person who recorded that has done that battle many times and even so had trouble with the controls at certain points. the Wii controler is .. interesting to say the least.

I hope nintendo can get their share of the market with Wii, as it is not high def but also comes in at half the price of 360 or ps3.

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Mon May 22, 2006 10:23 am

HDTV owners are still in the minority. The majority of Americans still dont own one. They cost too much. And frankly, once you get over the initial "oh shit that looks amazing" feeling (which lasts about a week or two) you begin watching tv normally again and stop drooling. I think within the next 5 years hdtv will take over, but then it will be time for another generation of consoles anyway. I would expect Nintendo to get on board then, but I dont blame them this time.

Most people that buy these consoles wont be taking full advantage of their graphical power. And even those that already do own HDTVs still cant in some situations. The PS3 displays 1080p, but the majority of HDTV owners have sets that run with 720p. So most current HDTV owners that wanna play the PS3 in all its glory will need to go spend another $1000+ on a new tv. The future is here...and you cant afford it.

kadoolaroo
Sr. Peon

Postby kadoolaroo » Mon May 22, 2006 11:37 am

Kyokan wrote:HDTV owners are still in the minority. The majority of Americans still dont own one. They cost too much. And frankly, once you get over the initial "oh shit that looks amazing" feeling (which lasts about a week or two) you begin watching tv normally again and stop drooling. I think within the next 5 years hdtv will take over, but then it will be time for another generation of consoles anyway. I would expect Nintendo to get on board then, but I dont blame them this time.

Most people that buy these consoles wont be taking full advantage of their graphical power. And even those that already do own HDTVs still cant in some situations. The PS3 displays 1080p, but the majority of HDTV owners have sets that run with 720p. So most current HDTV owners that wanna play the PS3 in all its glory will need to go spend another $1000+ on a new tv. The future is here...and you cant afford it.

amen to that...

Screw the other systems...nintendo for life.

Beezer
Sr. Peon

Postby Beezer » Mon May 22, 2006 11:42 am

Did you like that new Mario one i sent you via email?

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Mon May 22, 2006 12:05 pm

Nintendo makes its way through innovation rather than horsepower. While I am not a console gamer, I am glad that at least one of the big companies takes thia approach.
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Klyptix
Guild Hater

Postby Klyptix » Mon May 22, 2006 1:35 pm

Kyokan wrote:HDTV owners are still in the minority. The majority of Americans still dont own one. They cost too much. And frankly, once you get over the initial "oh shit that looks amazing" feeling (which lasts about a week or two) you begin watching tv normally again and stop drooling. I think within the next 5 years hdtv will take over, but then it will be time for another generation of consoles anyway. I would expect Nintendo to get on board then, but I dont blame them this time.

Yeah, you are right about the number of people who don't have high def but you would be supprised how many of those people don't realize you need a high def TV in order to get a high def pic.

and the number of people that have high def tv's and have them hooked up wrong is astounding.

:)

Veratu
Guild Leader aka BossGnome(tm)

Postby Veratu » Mon May 22, 2006 1:36 pm

Is that what HD stands for?! Damn it .. I knew I was missing something!

-V

Return to “Agony General”