cops never do anything wrong

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

cops never do anything wrong

Postby Kyokan » Mon May 22, 2006 4:56 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/22/katrin ... index.html

Its like this, they had to defend themselves against a retarded man and his deadly wrist bracelet. "Oh no, hes reaching for his bracelet! Open fire!".

The news media called the victim a retard to boot. So much for being politically correct.

llanedd
Peon

Re: cops never do anything wrong

Postby llanedd » Mon May 22, 2006 8:07 pm

Kyokan wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/22/katrina.shotinback/index.html

Its like this, they had to defend themselves against a retarded man and his deadly wrist bracelet. "Oh no, hes reaching for his bracelet! Open fire!".

The news media called the victim a retard to boot. So much for being politically correct.

I assure you when society unravels (and katrina shows how easily that happens) I will be shooting first and worrying about the consequences later.

This was not a regular police shooting. To hold police up to the same standard of care and attention during times like this I believe is asking for them to be more than human.

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Mon May 22, 2006 9:03 pm

LOL! Looks like CNN went back and edited the headline. They changed it to "mentally disabled" now. It did say retarded.

I assure you when society unravels (and katrina shows how easily that happens) I will be shooting first and worrying about the consequences later.

This was not a regular police shooting. To hold police up to the same standard of care and attention during times like this I believe is asking for them to be more than human.

Actually, many of the events that claimed to have happened at places like the superdome were fabricated by the media. There were reports of women being raped, crazy people running around murdering each other, infants being raped and murdered and thrown in dumpsters and I cant remember all what else. After the air cleared and the investigations went down, 99% of that shit was found to be totally untrue.

Katrina or not, this is not how a officer of the law should be reacting. I'm sure you would be shooting first and worry about the consequences later, but you arent a cop, now are you? They receive training to handle intense situations. And they didnt handle this one correctly.

feivolos
Sr. Peon

Postby feivolos » Tue May 23, 2006 2:05 pm

There wasn't enough information provided from the police reports to judge how that was handled, just a bunch of hear say.
~Feivolos~

Return to “Agony General”