Agony's take on transfers.

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Bullit
N00b

Agony's take on transfers.

Postby Bullit » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:43 am

Hey Agony. You may view my post as just random BS that you really dont want to deal with, but I'm very curious to know what your take is with server transfers. More specifically, how you would handle an application from a potential transferee (such as myself).

I'm a 26 year old redneck college student from Arkansas. I have a level 60 hunter on Muradin with full GS and 2 pieces of DS. I was in a 'casual raid' for months, raiding 2 nights a week (MC and Ony with ZG once in a while). I spent the other 5 nights of the week leveling 2 other characters to 60 and pvping alot with my hunter. I wanted to raid more, but that just wasnt possible with my guild or on my server.

I did reroll on Ysera, and I picked Alliance because there are usually more options as far as raids go. But I really want to raid on my hunter. I've put so much work into that character and I hate to let it go to waste so soon.

I understand that there is a big issue with 'epicced out' toons transferring to a realm such as Ysera where a few purples is quite an accomplishment. That being said, my goal is not to stand out in a crowd. I dont care about loot. What I love about this game is the content. Especially the endgame. I could go forever without looting any more drops as long as I was part of a team that was doing endgame more often than not. If I had to, I would go back to running DM/Strat/Scholo for blues just so I didn't stand out so much. All I am interested in is being a part of a hardcore raid with people my own age.

I read Corwin's post on the Realm forums, and it seems most agree with his point of view. Different people will transfer for different reasons, mine being I want to raid. I'm available 7 nights a week to raid and that is what I want to do. Muradin will be open for transfers on July 11th. If I were to transfer over to Ysera and then fill out a formal application to Agony, would it be considered the same as a normal application, or would you just rather not have any transferees join?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Tryte
Sr. Peon

Postby Tryte » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:51 am

I suggest shooting a PM to Verato he can answer most questions ya have =)

Some of us have toons of Muradin as well whats your hunters name?
Tryte

Image[/url]

Bullit
N00b

Postby Bullit » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:54 am

Wow quick response. :)

My hunter's name is Bullit, but if transferred it would have to be something else because that name is taken on Ysera.

Tryte
Sr. Peon

Postby Tryte » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:30 am

We here at Agony's welcome office are here to give you the most prompt service with a smile!! heh
Tryte

Image[/url]

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:12 am

Tryte doesn't speak for the guild and neither do i.

take the time to rad through our application process and see if it would fit with you. send a message to Verato, our guild leader and communicate with him.

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:24 am

I think the most important factor as concerns you would be: do we have a hunter slot open. Unfortunately offhand I don't know the answer to that question.
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Bullit
N00b

Postby Bullit » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:30 am

Doomsayer wrote:take the time to rad through our application process and see if it would fit with you. send a message to Verato, our guild leader and communicate with him.

Prybutok wrote:I think the most important factor as concerns you would be: do we have a hunter slot open. Unfortunately offhand I don't know the answer to that question.

I have thoroughly read the guild charter and the raid times suit me and my attendance at worst would be 99.9%.

I just didnt know how to approach you guys being a potential transfer, so I just decided I should introduce myself on the boards and see what you guys had to say. Thanks for responding so quick and I would be glad to speak to Verato or Fydax in game if they prefer I do so. :)

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:06 pm

before you move a toon to Ysera, make a lvl 1 alt here and talk to Verato or send him a private message through our forums.

Kerbie
N00b

Postby Kerbie » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:53 am

I am also in bullits situation but a mage coming from Bloodscalp. I've filled out an application and also PMed Verato. Thanks Doomsayer/Tryte for the information. :)

Rhames
N00b

joining the above few posts

Postby Rhames » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:44 pm

Also just adding my name to the list of people who have applied. I talked to someone in game a couple weeks ago. My schedule has become much more viable to raiding since then. My application was already getting insanely long winded, so I cut it short and just figured I'd add something here.

Basically, a 60 MC epicced Druid, an AV/great blue geared rogue/or an instance blue geared Warrior is what I have. Glad to play any or all of those classes, whatever is needed. I've raided on all to some degree, but mostly just the Druid and ZG on the Warrior.

Also..I recieved the email (tks for the prompt reply of some kind) and CONGRATS on getting married! does she play WoW?!?
You ain't sayin' nothing slick to a can of oil

Veratu
Guild Leader aka BossGnome(tm)

Postby Veratu » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:50 pm

*chuckles* yes she plays wow .. she's the guild Mom ;)

-V

Tryte
Sr. Peon

Postby Tryte » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:37 pm

or guild seductress, depending on how ya look at it =)
Tryte

Image[/url]

Rhames
N00b

Postby Rhames » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:12 pm

Hey...regardless of seducing or...Motherhood..thats just really cool to have a wife that plays.

Guild Mother though, huh? Does that mean members get to call you Daddy? Cause I hear some of these guys don't look very much like you, if ya know what I'm saying...
You ain't sayin' nothing slick to a can of oil

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:29 am

my wife plays...more than me!
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Return to “Agony General”