For all you science fiction fans...

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Kommisar
End Game

For all you science fiction fans...

Postby Kommisar » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:24 pm

Possibly the coolest website ever:

Jeff Russell's STARSHIP DIMENSIONS
80 Warrior - Ysera
70 Paladin, Team Karana! (retired)
Undeniable proof:
Forever Can-Head.

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:29 pm

So much more sophisticated than it used to be. I like it.
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:06 am

it's got a LOT of obscure references on it's lsit but misses a few key scifi ships... like all the new battlestar gallactica ships.

Kanchi
End Game

Postby Kanchi » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:45 am

there was a ship from macross in there.. thats kinda cool

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:33 pm

I am guessing they only add ships they have or can extrapolate size data on. Are there any numbers floating about the net on the size of the new BSG ships?

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:35 pm

And speaking of BSG, only a few more days until we finally get to start saying "WTF" to what is going on in the episodes as opposed to saying "WTF" based solely on commercials and previews. This season will either soldify this show as one of the best ever made or destroy it entirely.

Here'sd to hoping their dice roll all 20's.

Niiko
Sr. Peon

Postby Niiko » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:38 pm

Prybutok wrote:And speaking of BSG, only a few more days until we finally get to start saying "WTF" to what is going on in the episodes as opposed to saying "WTF" based solely on commercials and previews. This season will either soldify this show as one of the best ever made or destroy it entirely.

Here'sd to hoping their dice roll all 20's.

The occupation bit is only supposed to be like a 6 episode arc so even if that part bothers you (it doesnt me) it wont last forever. I have faith in the writers of the show. :)

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:43 pm

It's not that it bothers me, it just seems a completely out of the blue change to the dynamic of the series and I was caught very off guard.

My faith in the writers is great so I don't see it sucking. When I said "destroy it entirely" I meant the ratings and a possible cancellation.

I wasn't aware that it was only a 6 episode thing. That makes me wonder what is going to happen after that. All the previews contain are bits about the occupation.

Adrienna
End Game

Postby Adrienna » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:32 pm

Only one more day till BSG!

If we get enough people online tomorrow to raid, it's going to kill me to have to not watch it when it's on. I know we have Tivo and all, but I am just so excited that I want to watch it the minute it airs!
It's a fledgling Anna's Hummingbird.

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:01 pm

i never watch them new, i wait for the dvds

Niiko
Sr. Peon

Postby Niiko » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:57 am

Prybutok wrote:It's not that it bothers me, it just seems a completely out of the blue change to the dynamic of the series and I was caught very off guard.

My faith in the writers is great so I don't see it sucking. When I said "destroy it entirely" I meant the ratings and a possible cancellation.

I wasn't aware that it was only a 6 episode thing. That makes me wonder what is going to happen after that. All the previews contain are bits about the occupation.

I almost have the torrent downloaded for both the first two episodes. Did they air both episodes tonight? Or is part two of the season opener just out there?

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:20 am

The first episode of this season was a two hour (but not two parter). It may have been split up on torrents so each part fits on a single CDR.

Overall good episode, although they are really brutalizing the characters. The fat suit on Apollo was almost as funny as watching Adri's consternation that he might actually be fat and her fantasy man ruined.

-Remagi
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:33 pm

Brutalizing these characters has been the core of almost every episode so far. The entire first season I caught myself hoping beyond hope that humanity would finally get cut a break.

So far I am not too keen on the Starbuck plotline but everything else had me riveted. Of course, I'm still convinced that all of humanity has been dead a long time; that everyone on the show are cylons, everyone. It's some bizarre play or experiment; the cylons trying to force evolution, trying to rejoin god.

Return to “Agony General”