Kramer the racist.

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

scarboar
Sr. Peon

Postby scarboar » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:12 pm

Prybutok wrote:yes but why is that true?

I'm not defending the guy but seriously, what's your point.

The past is just that, the past, get over it.

You'd think over time the word would become less offensive yet somehow it becomes more and more offensive every time it's used by someone without a dark skin tone.

Either nobody uses the word and it's something to make a stink over or everybody uses the word and it is on the same level as every other racial slur.

I'd bet money that if it was anything other than the "N" word nobody would give a rat's ass. He could have said any other racial slur in the book and there wouldn't be such a stink made over it. It's bullshit if you ask me.

scarboar
Sr. Peon

Postby scarboar » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:18 pm

For the record, using the "N" word doesn't make you a racist in my book.

Is Michael Richards a racist, seems that way but I don't know the guy. Anger makes you say shit you don't necessarilly mean. I can't count how many times I've called someone a bitch or slut or whatever when I was pissed. Doesn't mean I actually believe they are either.

I use the "N" word myself, probably more than I should, I've never actually called someone specifically one (a black person anyways), I use it more in the lines of, let's say I'm playing Guitar Hero and I screw up on an easy part. I'll say you F'in "N" to myself. Does that make me a racist just cause I choose to use the word?

I mean I would call a white person the "N" word just as fast as I would call a black person one. I just know well enough to only call white people it.

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:47 pm

who gives a shit, he was a lousy comedian anyhow.

emerald
Sr. Peon

Postby emerald » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:54 pm

That's what happens when you interrupt the white man, dont't you know?

It is THAT quote that makes him a complete racist.[/quote]
--

Emmy

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"

scarboar
Sr. Peon

Postby scarboar » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:26 am

I must be racist because I found that line quite amusing. In general I found most of it amusing if you don't take what he says seriously. Shit, even if I do take it seriously it's still funny to me just not as much, it's funny in more of a wow, did he just say that way.

Ink
End Game

Postby Ink » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:18 am

While the N word has become a demeaning word for black people, the true definition of the N word means uneducated person. Back in the day blacks weren't allowed school or such and thus how the word started to stick to them.

In reality, the N word is the same thing as calling some one stupid. How insulting can it be to be called stupid but when people don't know what the word means and get offended by the N word but not being called stupid... just seems ... Stupid.

There's a lot of demeaning words that in reality wouldn't be demeaning in this day and age if people knew their meaning, yet white people get called honkies and a honkie means nothing more then a white pimp.

I have a low tolerance for stupid people be it black or white. I hate people equally of skin color or lack there of.
"I ran a couple heroics with Rd a long time ago before he was even in Agony, but I think that's it" - Gannis

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:39 am

i like fried chicken

feivolos
Sr. Peon

Postby feivolos » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:53 pm

That was uncalled for
~Feivolos~

scarboar
Sr. Peon

Postby scarboar » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:21 pm

hahahahaha

Kekoa
Sr. Peon

Postby Kekoa » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:33 pm

I wrote the longest reply to this and deleted it...because it is all irritating....

I cant form my words properly for this argument.... >_<

I am going to try again....

First off...I am a "black woman" ....I use the quotations because I don’t think it should really have any baring on anything...since I am still just human....and well...frankly...have never been accepted into the black community.....since I listen to punk rock..and "talk like a white girl" ....

Grrr....the way I am generalized and treated is so irritating (even by the guy that did my nails in Oregon).....anyways.....

I am not offended by the N word...>I mean....it is just a word...it is HOW words are used that is the deciding factor for me.

Any word used to try and hurt someone in such a rage is the wrong thing to do and is what is offensive to me.

Black man yelling it....white man yelling it...shouldn’t matter...I realize it does...but...*sigh*...one thing at a time right??

I think on a daily basis I am more offended by its casual usage by black men than anything else. The way it is just tossed around after how offended "they" get when anyone outside their group uses it...even in a casual fashion....

I have no idea where I am going here....

I guess my point is....words really shouldn’t matter...it is just how they are used that is the problem....

The Gooch
Sr. Peon

Postby The Gooch » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:55 pm

It comes down to implication vs. inference. The only time it's safe to use any derogatory remark is when what is inferred is no harm.

You imply a racial slur and mean it + the person infers it as you meaning it = confrontation.

You imply a racial slur and don't mean it + the person infers it as you meaning it = confrontation.

You imply a racial slur and mean it + the person infers it as you NOT meaning it = no problems unless you tell them that you meant it.

You imply a racial slur and don't mean it + the person infers it as you NOT meaning it = no problems.

It's why Scarboar can call his white friends niggers and get away with it. Implication and inference are both non threatening.

Michael Richards probably meant to be racist... but even if he didn't, the entire world is infering that he did.
The eyes are the groin of the head - Dwight Schrute

EDINGER INCIDENT - Electronica with a splash of Limon

Ink
End Game

Postby Ink » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:11 pm

The Gooch wrote:It comes down to implication vs. inference. The only time it's safe to use any derogatory remark is when what is inferred is no harm.

You imply a racial slur and mean it + the person infers it as you meaning it = confrontation.

You imply a racial slur and don't mean it + the person infers it as you meaning it = confrontation.

You imply a racial slur and mean it + the person infers it as you NOT meaning it = no problems unless you tell them that you meant it.

You imply a racial slur and don't mean it + the person infers it as you NOT meaning it = no problems.

It's why Scarboar can call his white friends niggers and get away with it. Implication and inference are both non threatening.

Michael Richards probably meant to be racist... but even if he didn't, the entire world is infering that he did.

See thats what drinking diet Dr P does to ya
"I ran a couple heroics with Rd a long time ago before he was even in Agony, but I think that's it" - Gannis

The Gooch
Sr. Peon

Postby The Gooch » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Ink wrote:
The Gooch wrote:It comes down to implication vs. inference. The only time it's safe to use any derogatory remark is when what is inferred is no harm.

See thats what drinking diet Dr P does to ya

is that good or bad? lol I'm confused now.
The eyes are the groin of the head - Dwight Schrute

EDINGER INCIDENT - Electronica with a splash of Limon

Lenaman
Sr. Peon

Postby Lenaman » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:24 pm

lol, poor ddr fiends, its worse than crack!
Roady - 100 Priest
Rillos - 100 Druid
Eclypse - 90 Warlock
Militant - 80 Mage
Charter - 90 Death Knight

Paldail
Sr. Peon

Postby Paldail » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:26 pm

Kekoa wrote:I have no idea where I am going here....

How about my place? =)
Paldail lvl 70 Paladin retired!
Arrowup lvl 65 Ranger retired!
Arrowup lvl 60 Hunter retired!

Paldail lvl 70 Warrior - Sold out to Vindication!

Return to “Agony General”