So true...

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Kommisar
End Game

So true...

Postby Kommisar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:42 am

If anyone reads PvP Online, you've already seen this...

For those of you that haven't, this rules:

http://www.pvponline.com/article/3093/sun-jan-21
80 Warrior - Ysera
70 Paladin, Team Karana! (retired)
Undeniable proof:
Forever Can-Head.

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:24 am

the best part is they really shafted the draenei starting are by comparison to the blood elf.

the BE starting zones have a seperate faction with rewards (tranquillen), quests that end with very very nice blue weapons for rewards, lots of lore and backstory going on, it's great.

the draenei start out basically running around the islands killing shit they corrupted (wildlife and furbolgs) when their ship blew up, there is no rep faction, no quests that end with blues-the best they get is a tabbard adn green ring before they ship you out at lvl 18. the content isn't compelling and the drop rates are total ass-and the best par tis public channels are inundated with people screaming about how fucking gay shamans are and how fucked up totems are.

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:42 am

public channels are inundated with people screaming about how fucking gay shamans are and how fucked up totems are

The only part of their throw in the towel method of game balance that works for me is the Alliance stalwarts who never made a horde character will slowly come to understand the world of suckage that is the shaman totem system.

-Remagi
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:06 pm

you sound like them!

Niiko
Sr. Peon

Postby Niiko » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:37 pm

remagi wrote:
public channels are inundated with people screaming about how fucking gay shamans are and how fucked up totems are

The only part of their throw in the towel method of game balance that works for me is the Alliance stalwarts who never made a horde character will slowly come to understand the world of suckage that is the shaman totem system.

-Remagi

I read this sort of opinion on the shaman forum all the time, and I just don't get it. I'm personally glad that totems arent like pally buffs, as so many shamans seem to want. It's interesting having to place them correctly, and choosing the best one taking into account your gear etc. I wouldnt mind a bit more range on them, but now that we have Totemic Recall, I'm pretty happy.

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:15 pm

The issue for me essentially is their raid usage versus the ultimate ez-mode that Paladins represent. Yes yes, now we have Paladins and blah blah, but I actually think the Paladin method is broken too (far too easy). I'd prefer both of them require some skill to maximize while not being very cumbersome. I consider current totems cumbersome (which doesn't mean I can't use them, just that they require inordinate attention for their small gains).

Totem locality issues, their aggro behavior, and their durations - although less so these days - are all issues for me. What I don't mind is exclusionary principle on buffs (one water, one air etc), or that they can be destroyed by an enemy, which some others complain about a lot.

-Remagi
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

Ink
End Game

Postby Ink » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:53 pm

Remagi, shamans are hard to play and no way could i call what you do easy. I tried one and holy fuck did i suck. Oddly enough i found druids to be cheese dick easy and fun.
"I ran a couple heroics with Rd a long time ago before he was even in Agony, but I think that's it" - Gannis

Return to “Agony General”