kitty washing machine

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

kitty washing machine

Postby Kyokan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:59 pm

feivolos
Sr. Peon

Postby feivolos » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:22 am

I've never liked cats that much, I lol'd.
~Feivolos~

Ink
End Game

Postby Ink » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:31 am

shit kinda pissed me off, mankind over all is stupid, this kind of trash just reminds me of that
"I ran a couple heroics with Rd a long time ago before he was even in Agony, but I think that's it" - Gannis

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:58 am

that's the most retarded shit i've ever seen and you know those fucktards at petsmart and petco are gonna prolly start putting them in their stores.

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:10 am

How is this so bad? It doesnt hurt the cat. And it doesnt piss off the cat any more than a regular bath would. The benefits? The cat gets clean and the owner doesnt get mauled for trying to give their cat a bath the old fashion way. This isnt cruelty to animals. Please get off your high horse :)

Kommisar
End Game

Postby Kommisar » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:28 am

Just get a dog...

Ideally a dog that likes water...
80 Warrior - Ysera
70 Paladin, Team Karana! (retired)
Undeniable proof:
Forever Can-Head.

Ink
End Game

Postby Ink » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:11 am

Kyokan wrote:How is this so bad? It doesnt hurt the cat. And it doesnt piss off the cat any more than a regular bath would. The benefits? The cat gets clean and the owner doesnt get mauled for trying to give their cat a bath the old fashion way. This isnt cruelty to animals. Please get off your high horse :)

High horse? i never said i am above anything. I think its cruel, stupid, and not funny imo. You posted this as a joke, a funny, something i fail to see as humorous.

I have 2 exotic cats, one of which loves water and the other has never acted any where near the actions of the cat in the video. Ive had a few other cats who i gave baths to and they didnt act any where near that either. The cat in the video is afraid for its life.

Now you want a high horse? perhaps you should search the web for dog attacks cat videos and see if you find the same humor in the animals terror. I personally have no need or desire in my life to watch videos of family pets being horrified.
"I ran a couple heroics with Rd a long time ago before he was even in Agony, but I think that's it" - Gannis

Argagarg
End Game

Postby Argagarg » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:55 am

Kyokan wrote:How is this so bad? It doesnt hurt the cat. And it doesnt piss off the cat any more than a regular bath would. The benefits? The cat gets clean and the owner doesnt get mauled for trying to give their cat a bath the old fashion way. This isnt cruelty to animals. Please get off your high horse :)

QFT Another candy mountain thread here we go! bunch of up tight nonos

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:23 pm

You dont find this funny. Thats your opinion and thats cool. Your 'mankind is stupid' comment lead to my 'high horse' comment. I threw the smiley face in for good measure. I wanted it to seem a bit jokingly.

I own a cat as well. This cat will fucking claw your face off if you attempt to bathe him. Your cats may not act like this. Consider yourself lucky.

To say the cat is in fear for his life might be a bit over the top. I think he just REALLY REALLY wants out! But lets say you are right. Lets say the cat is in fear of his life over that bath...how is that feeling any different from any other method of bathing a cat? Most cats hate water, period. I could make the arguement that this way was safer. Obviously, the owner isnt scratched to hell. The cat is also safe because theres no struggle. Cats have damaged their feet/claws while trying to wrestle away from their owner during a bath.

You are going to compare this to a dog attack video? Lets dont be so dramatic. This wasnt even in the same ball park. This video wasnt torture. It wasnt senseless. No harm was done to this cat. I'm sure cats arent real crazy about getting needles stuck in them either...but we dont consider a rabies shot, or other shots terrorizing animals.

And yeah, Arg is right. Candy Mountain here we come...

kadoolaroo
Sr. Peon

Postby kadoolaroo » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Who gives there cats a bath?

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:55 pm

the answer is simple, you don't wash your cat. Cats bathe themselves.
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:32 pm

1) You don't have to wash cats, and if you do, just dump a full bucket of water on the little bastard so it's over quickly. They wash themselves.

2) This did not permanently physically harm that cat, but that is not the same thing as saying it didn't harm the cat. Watch the video, stop laughing for a second, and you'll see an animal that is: trapped, frantic, confused, separated from any support. I mean come on, they shoved the damn thing in a closed box and rinse cycled it. This *does harm* animals. Don't give me any shit about animals don't have feelings or thoughts and can't be harmed that way, because it's just not true. They remember, they understand a lot, and they certainly feel fear. Just as this critter did.

3) Easy test: If somebody told you to stand aside while they did this to your dog/pet iguana/gerbil/whatever your flavor is (substitute brother or sister if you have to), and the dog/iguana/sibling acted in exactly the same manner as this cat, trying frantically to escape to the best of their physical ability, would you think that's funny? Snide answers aside, you wouldn't, because unless you are by definition inhumane you have empathy for something you care for and don't want to watch it suffer.

I know if somebody tried to do this to one of my dogs, I would kick him in the balls, and leave in him the thing set on permanent cycle myself. But that's just me.

Luckily it doesn't matter, since whoever the moron who made this thing is won't survive the first dead animal lawsuit that comes his way, so free market ftw.

To be clear, I don't think this is a malicious evil intent or anything, just a misguided and goofy device. But it's not just innocent fun either, one second of watching that critters behavior tells you that.
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

The Gooch
Sr. Peon

Postby The Gooch » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Cats bathe themselves like little children. After they're done, they still stink.
The eyes are the groin of the head - Dwight Schrute

EDINGER INCIDENT - Electronica with a splash of Limon

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:56 pm

Cats bathe themselves like little children. After they're done, they still stink.

To be fair though, dogs stink five minutes after they've been bathed so cats and their not-quite-enough bathing still win in that department.
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:09 pm

i hate stupid pet inventions, though the cat freaking out was amusing as all hell.

but since peope are getting all personal-bathing a cat is just stupid. they wash themsleves, the only reason to get a cat wet is to piss it off.

Return to “Agony General”