kitty washing machine

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Humwuwu
Peon

Postby Humwuwu » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:43 pm

I'm guessing it'd be a bad time to link that kitten in a jar thing right now.

Kommisar
End Game

Postby Kommisar » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:52 pm

80 Warrior - Ysera
70 Paladin, Team Karana! (retired)
Undeniable proof:
Forever Can-Head.

Ink
End Game

Postby Ink » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:50 pm

That was funny, good one Kommi.

PS some cats have to be bathed. My Polydactyl cat has hair thats about 6 inches long and at times, she needs teh bath as its physically impossible for her sometimes to get clean after making a giant fucking mess in a cabnet or such.

PSS if you post something on the forums, you are inviting the forums community to make responses. Their responses are not wrong if they disagree, you just chose the wrong audience. Thats not to Kyo but in general to those who are offended that others dont think or share the same humor as them.
"I ran a couple heroics with Rd a long time ago before he was even in Agony, but I think that's it" - Gannis

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:06 pm

You can sit there until you are blue in the face and say cats never need baths, but they do. I bathe my cat like twice a year. Its a rare thing. Its usually when he has gotten himself into something he shouldnt and gets dirty or hes shedding like a mofo and a bath will quickly resolve the problem. I put him in the shower and close the glass door. The cat is essentially trapped much like on the machine wash video. He gets pissed and tries to get out, but cant. The only difference is that I'm there to hold him down and get scratched. If I were not there to hold him down, you can bet your ass he would be flipping out just like the cat in the video.

Arly
End Game

Postby Arly » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:32 pm

As an animal groomer for about 5 years, I can tell you from personal experience that this could have gone very wrong very fast. You can sell yourself on the simplicity and convenience of it all you want, but let me tell you, you wouldn't be laughing if this cat stresse itself out enough to cause seizure, heart attack, or heart failure. I have seen animals get so stressed out by the grooming process that they have defacated themselves, I've seen life-threatening seizures from the stress of the grooming process, and I've seen dogs die from heart attacks that lead to heart failure, simply because of stress. Were there a lot of these incidents? No, thank God, because most groomers can tell when enough is enough, and at what point continuing the bath/haircut would be too much for the creature to handle.

Humans being involved in the grooming process may lead to injuries, sure, welcome to any job involving risk. I've been bitten, scracthed, clawed, take your pick, I've seen it all. But with humans directly involved, you can help the best you can to soothe the animal and prevent them from scaring the hell out of themselves.

Take that human touch away, lock a scared creature in a room with no one to monitor it's condition, and you are asking to kill a creature. You leave an animal to it's own devices, it's own instincts, which are Fight, Flight, or Freeze. Well guess what, in this machine, it can't really do any of them, now can it? So guerss what that leaves? An animal that could send it heart racing fast enough to kill it or do permanent mental/psychological damage, not to mention physical damage from the freaking out. It's inhumane, it's disgusting, and I can't believe someone would be so stupid to even MAKE this fuckin peice of shit invention, let alone actually USE the fucking thing on a live creature that wasnt EXTREMELY well socialized.

I'm not yelling at anyone for posting this, I'm not even bitching out the people that laughed, ignorance is bliss. Just a little information.

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:56 pm

Arly wrote:I'm not yelling at anyone for posting this, I'm not even bitching out the people that laughed, ignorance is bliss. Just a little information.

actually you are/were, but hey i worked as a manager of petsmart for many years-and beleive me arlie if you doubt for a SECOND that if it would improve the bottom line they wouldn't hesitate to install machines that did this you'd be fooling yourself, they'd jut assign some teenage grooming assistant/bather to watch the animals for safety.

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:25 pm

lol...everybody is a damn expert all of a sudden :P

Ink
End Game

Postby Ink » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:30 am

heh im not i just wash my odd cats... well one.. the other loves the shower.
"I ran a couple heroics with Rd a long time ago before he was even in Agony, but I think that's it" - Gannis

Return to “Agony General”