Warhammer Online

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

The Gooch
Sr. Peon

Postby The Gooch » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:23 pm

gluttonie wrote:not like just shittng out another MMO.

Most MMOs are jagged from what I've heard... and that sounds painful.
The eyes are the groin of the head - Dwight Schrute

EDINGER INCIDENT - Electronica with a splash of Limon

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:13 pm

correction kyo: 40k's universe is more interesting to those who like sci-fi settings. Warhammer, both fantasy and 40k, is a very interesting beast. Because of its focus for many decades on mass combat there is a lot of wiggle room for fleshing out the role playing aspects.

40K is a very dark vision of a sci-fi future and I bet it would easily catch on with the current crop of young gamers who might only be familiar with the franchise from the Dawn of War games. Personally I can see Space Marine charters as guilds or groups of Eldar guilds on the same craftworld.
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Braindrop
End Game

Postby Braindrop » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:13 am

I'm curious to see how they reconcile the whole "life is cheap" ethos of 40k with an MMO.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have my Eldar painted by the time it comes out! :)

Argagarg
End Game

Postby Argagarg » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:31 am

My poor eldar. Post osme of your finished Brain, I dont have many that I show off but i've been told i'm a high quality. Some of my stuff gets confused with pro painted. other stuff well....6am before a tournement paint jobs to have fully painted :p.

I'm looking forward to WAR. I liked Camelot and from what i'm reading makes me think i'm gonna like this. I love pve but PvP is always changing regardless of the game. Hopefully they dont do a bard style ability somewhere. that was my biggest beef with Camelot

Cant decide between a orc choppa and black orc. Although goblin shaman is tempting too! But defenatly will be rolling Greenskin.

As for the 40k thing...Only way for me to see it working is a pvp world like WoW where only certain areas you are flagged with Hardcore mode from old school diablo where after you die you are dead. Just make lvling quick. Granted this isn't for everyone itd be amazing. (yes i know its unrealistic to want a game like this where only a certain amount of the gaming population would play it)

gluttonie
Peon

Postby gluttonie » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:19 pm

If i go greenskins I will most likely be a Squig herder.
Where did all the good sizzle go?

Braindrop
End Game

Postby Braindrop » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:58 pm

I've been painting mostly Warmachine recently:

But here's some older 40k

Return to “Agony General”