Split screen problem!

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Burlatin
Peon

Split screen problem!

Postby Burlatin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:11 pm

I know it has been a long time since i've lurked around on these boards but I have a quick question if anyone knows how to help me. At work, i plugged in a second monitor to my computer so that I can do everything on the vertical split screen. I did some Access shit and some Excel stuff and everything looked and worked great. Then when i tried to run Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne, it only showed up on one screen and the other one turned off.

So my question is, how do i change the settings or whatever so that I can play Warcraft on split screen?

Thanks,
Cody
(Burl)
Allow me to re-introduce myself
My name is Hov', OH, H-to-the-O-V
I used to move snowflakes by the O-Z
I guess even back then you can call me
CEO of the R-O-C, Hov!
http://www.speedtest.net/result/41441451.png

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:23 pm

You don't for that game. Older titles have no idea on the concept of multiple screens; they just grab DirectX (which defaults to the primary monitor) and when run in full screen, occupy just that monitor.

I think at one point there some hacked drivers around that let you pretend both monitors were one, but I can't remember which manufacturer they were for. ATI has a feature called "stretch monitor" that might work but is unlikely to with an older game. It's buried somewhere in the horrendously bloated control center thingy.

Matrox makes a product that uses the same concept (it convinces the card the screen is actually horizontal x 2 dimensions and then splits the output to the two monitors). It works for about anything, but its expensive.

-Remagi
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

Veratu
Guild Leader aka BossGnome(tm)

Postby Veratu » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:19 pm

The only other solution is to use an app like D3DWindower which allows you to force a directx game into windowed mode, thus leaving your desktop size normal and hence allowing you to use your second screen while playing a game.

Legacy games suck .. that is all.

-V

Return to “Agony General”