Vanguard: SoH

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Matt
N00b

Vanguard: SoH

Postby Matt » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:06 am

Wee!

Was just stopping by for the first time in awhile and saw what happened to the board...very sorry to hear that.

Beta has started and I was curious if Agony is planning on sticking with WoW or will be checking Vanguard out. I'd love to see you guys again if you are.

Hope all of you are well and that you're enjoying the fall. Some pics of my new puppy and me:

~Matt~

The gay wizard Maffusian
Skanks r thx.

Idyaar
End Game

Postby Idyaar » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:16 am

Which one is the puppy???? =P Glad to see you doing well bro. Don't know a lot about Vanguard, but I do hear that it is supposed to be a hell of a game.

Adrienna
End Game

Postby Adrienna » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:05 am

It's good to hear from you and your puppy is abolutely adorable. :)

emaleth
Peon

Postby emaleth » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:24 am

all these links of puppies on the boards makes me want to go get one >.< damn you all

Tendalus
Sr. Peon

Postby Tendalus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:32 am

sup gayboy

hope things are goin well~

Klyptix
Guild Hater

Postby Klyptix » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 am

Agony won't leave wow, they just got settled in.

As far as Vanguard goes, I can't wait. Going to preorder I think.

Nice dog :)

Secant
N00b

Postby Secant » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:39 am

Nothing like a good old Maff flame in the Agonynuke Channel.....Ahh..the good old days...

Whee.....

Idyaar
End Game

Postby Idyaar » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:42 am

ahhhh, who could forget

Tendalus
Sr. Peon

Postby Tendalus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:30 pm

What is vanguard?

Herc
Staff

Postby Herc » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:12 pm

Sup Maff,

From what I understand Vanguard will be catering to the hardcore brand of MMORPG players, which at this stage of the game doesn't fit well into Agony's current style since a lot of us just don't have the time anymore to commit more then we already do. Although, that's not to say we don't have very many hardcore players, but who knows, I think ultimately if it's a really good game I wouldn't be suprised if we took a good look at it. I know I will be. The combat sounds interesting but there is a lot to learn about that game yet, so we'll see what happens.

I think the most attractive thing to me about WoW right now is that I can be in a guild like Agony and get things accompished 3 or 4 nights a week, and still have a life outside of that. On top of that there is something just "fun" about WoW I can't explain.

emaleth
Peon

Postby emaleth » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:28 pm

wtb more info on Vanguard!

Herc
Staff

Postby Herc » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:33 pm

What is vanguard?

Here is a rundown, or the basic idea, I think...

SoE had their hands in the EQ project with Verant before it was released and I believe something happened and SoE dropped out and left Verant hanging. Verant released EQ anyway and it was an instant success and SoE had to get back in their to get a piece of the pie. Eventually they decided to take a larger piece and the good guys at Verant said FU and left. This is why up to the Velious expansion the game was consistent and actually good for its time. From there the game took some strange twists because it wasn't the brians behind Verant designing the game anymore, and it's why to this day EQ has basically turned into a cashcow pile of shit with no direction or consistency. SoE knows they have a select group of people so addicted to their game, it wouldn't matter what they released and how often, their brainwashed customers would pay for it, which to this day, sadly enough, people still pay for.

Soooo, the brains behind Verant decided to go elsewhere and created Sigil, a company that is driven to make what they weren't able to on EQ with SoE around, but at the same time introduce new things we haven't seen in these games before. So yeah, Vanguard will basically be what EQ was originally intended but with next generation ideas mixed in or something like that.

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:46 pm

it was 989 studios that was collaborating with Verant first (989 being a subcompany of sony, pre creation of SOE "Sony Online Ent"). eventually Sony made 989 studios their sports games division and the created SOE, around this time they just bought out verant. the original EQ designers pretty much said "fuck this" and walked off (around the time velious was 60% completed). little by little more of the original eq team left for Sigil, and eq become the butchered bitch child it is today.

vangaurd will essentially be the dream the originally had for eq, steep lvl requirements, hardcore dungeon crawls, pretty much the ultimate hardcore fantasy mmorpg imaginable, specifically for the hardcore crowd. and yes i will be getting a copy of it because ultimatly wow is a cake walk and sometimes you need some real meat to slough through instead of cuddlepuff's wonderland.

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:05 pm

Yes, because the first demi-god we defeated was so cuddly!

Thriller
End Game

Postby Thriller » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:20 pm

Cats are better! My big cat pawed me today like a dog.
¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤Valde¤

http://cakedraftmasters.com/

Return to “Agony General”