HALO 3

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Caenyien
Sr. N00b

Postby Caenyien » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:59 pm

It's actually the opposite. Almost every fps for 360 supports it, so does resistance for ps3 and a couple of other games for it.

If you wanna have a laugh though, I just figured out Halo 3 doesn't support it which is pretty stupid.

Thriller
End Game

Postby Thriller » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:56 am

Headshoot BOOM!

J
¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤Valde¤

http://cakedraftmasters.com/

Deadmere
Sr. Peon

Postby Deadmere » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:01 am

Halo 3 was ok. nothing very new really. I had fun playing it. Its biggest problem is that its _very_ short.

P.S. don't forget to watch the credits all-the-way through.

Steereye
Sr. Peon

Postby Steereye » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 am

i played the halo 3 multiplayer at my friends house with 9 other people. it was pretty fun and has a decent bit of new stuff. After playing other shooters, i don't really like the idea of having to compete with other people to find the weapon you want.

I'll be sticking with Team Fortress 2 for the time being

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:58 am

How is TF2? Is there a way to play the beta other than pre-ordering the full version? I'm not going to buy the full version of the game just to try out a beta. That whole concept is ridiculous.

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:40 pm

its fun

Steereye
Sr. Peon

Postby Steereye » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:14 pm

tf2's really fun, its nice because each class plays a lot different from each other, and each has their own personality like.

5 of the released maps are point control, and one is ctf.

theres not a way of playing the beta without pre ordering though. the only problem ive had with the beta so far is random crashing, hopefully its fixed by the time it is released though.[/quote]

Tendalus
Sr. Peon

Postby Tendalus » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:41 pm

The Halo series isn't meant to be played single player. I mean, the storylines are drab and boring and usually don't even make any sense. I guess it's there for basic orientation to the game, or for people who just suck at console fps and want to think they've played Halo.

The thing about Halo that made it so popular is the multiplayer feature. I've played through fps since early wolfenstein, doom, quake, and duke nukem... got into quake 2, unreal tourney and counterstrike. Only fps games on console that I ever really saw played were GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. Needless to say, the transition to non-mouse aiming was rough. But after a few weeks of getting Halo back in the day (and now, many years), I'd have to say that I far prefer using a controller over a mouse and keyboard.

Halo 3 is a great game the day you buy it if you played Halo 2 online. If you haven't played Halo 2 enough to not get your ass kicked every time you spawn, then do not expect to get Halo 3 and enjoy the multiplayer feature right away... because you will suck. It's really that simple. The difference between an average player and a new player is extremely dramatic. It's like buying WoW and expecting to raid in the first few weeks after release. In Halo, instead of grinding fake experience levels to get stronger, you actually have to learn out to play to become more experienced and better.

And as far as the community goes... there's a simple option that makes it so you can only hear your own team, so trash talking is a thing of the past.

Return to “Agony General”