HALO 3

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Zanthorgg
N00b

HALO 3

Postby Zanthorgg » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:58 pm

comes out in about 3 minutes EST... i really want to play it

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:45 am

Is it weird that I have never played any of the Halo games at all?
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Braindrop
End Game

Postby Braindrop » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:56 am

It's only weird if you own an X-Box and have never played them. I'd like to check them out, but not badly enough to buy yet another console that will end up gathering dust...

Stromm
Staff

Postby Stromm » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:11 am

I've only played them since Kaydog has an X-box, and even then we're not huge fans of them.

They were kind of fun but my problem is when you have 2 people who don't own Xboxs, plus kaydog who's never played Halo, and our friend who did nothing but play halo all summer long.

I got pwnz0red!
STROMMFUUCCKKKKKKK

Noteworthy
End Game

Postby Noteworthy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:25 am

Stromm wrote:I've only played them since Kaydog has an X-box, and even then we're not huge fans of them.

They were kind of fun but my problem is when you have 2 people who don't own Xboxs, plus kaydog who's never played Halo, and our friend who did nothing but play halo all summer long.

I got pwnz0red!

eric did kind of rail me all game every game.

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:11 pm

I remember when Halo was first announced. Me and my friends were pretty jazzed about Bungie making it for both PC and Mac at the same time. And then Evil Bill showed up and stole it from computers. =(

Kaydog
Sr. Peon

Postby Kaydog » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Yeah only me and 1 other guy in my group of friends has a 360, and I'm a little bit strapped for cash right now but I may buy it eventually! It's gotten good reviews and I'm sure it's a great game I've just never been a superhuge fan of FPSers on consoles.
My friend in Australia really wants to get a new boomerang, but he just can't seem to throw the old one away.

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:02 pm

I haven't played much console games and I just don't grok the controls very well.

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:23 pm

Consoles are just crap for FPS's, sorry. You could make a really good FPS for a console, but if you put that same game on the PC it would be that much better. Mouse is just the perfect directional input for the application.

-Remagi
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

Adrienna
End Game

Postby Adrienna » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:50 pm

I have never had a problem with game consoles, and I loved my Xbox until the Afghanistan sand broke it. For action/FPS games, I have always preferred console to PC.

Halo for Xbox was a great game, period (no buts!). I think the only game I enjoyed more was Mario Kart.

I can't wait to get Halo 3.
It's a fledgling Anna's Hummingbird.

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:20 pm

whats halo 3?

Rathic
End Game

Postby Rathic » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:23 am

i got it last night. my god it is pretty. game play is fluid and the AI is pretty well done.

i really like it.

the multiplayer is broken up into segments for people just getting started to play against other new people in a 4 person free-for-all.

havent played the massive multiplayer battles yet. campaign is pretty quick, i believe i am almost done with about 8 hours played.

interesting thing about multiplayer i am reading is the forge. you can create maps and drop in weapons mid game for players. seems neat. cant wait till after the office so i can play more :)
Rathic - Newb Druid of Agony

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:26 pm

Am I the only person with a somewhat negative opinion of Halo 3? The story mode was fun (even more so with co-op) but is extremely short. Also, anything less than Legendary difficulty is a joke for the most part. The online games have a lot of variety, but the community is the worst thing I have ever experienced in video game history. If you lose, you are a fag. If you win, you are an even bigger fag and should go kill yourself. And if you forget this info, disgruntled teenagers will be happy to remind you of this every 60 seconds or less. I know, I know, its typical xbox live gaming...but this community is 10x worse than your average xbox live experience. I'm gonna play the story mode with a friend one more time just to get the achievements for beating it on Legendary. Then I'm trading it in. As far as FPS games go, Halo 3 is pretty average in my eyes. Ok, slightly above average at best.
Last edited by Kyokan on Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Caenyien
Sr. N00b

Postby Caenyien » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:48 pm

remagi wrote:Consoles are just crap for FPS's, sorry. You could make a really good FPS for a console, but if you put that same game on the PC it would be that much better. Mouse is just the perfect directional input for the application.

-Remagi

This would be a valid argument in the past. Modern consoles allow you to use keyboards and mice for FPSes assuming the guys who programmed it were smart enough to realize 'hey someone might wanna plug a mouse into their 360 and use that.

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:51 pm

Caenyien wrote:
remagi wrote:Consoles are just crap for FPS's, sorry. You could make a really good FPS for a console, but if you put that same game on the PC it would be that much better. Mouse is just the perfect directional input for the application.

-Remagi

This would be a valid argument in the past. Modern consoles allow you to use keyboards and mice for FPSes assuming the guys who programmed it were smart enough to realize 'hey someone might wanna plug a mouse into their 360 and use that.

Name a console FPS game that allows you to do this. I'm betting its a very short list.

Return to “Agony General”