Kunark one month away

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Adrienna
End Game

Kunark one month away

Postby Adrienna » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:25 am

With my studies I don't have much time to raid much anymore, but I am really looking forward to messing around with this with what little free time I have. I didn't start playing EQ until right after Velious was released, but Kunark was always my favorite place. I can't wait!

From the Sony website, but copied and pasted from Allakhazam:

Game Description:

Centuries of war have left their mark on the continent of Kunark. Explore this massive region as your existing character or as the new playable race – The Sarnak – and discover a world full of intrigue and danger. Engage in all-new adventures as you embark on a crusade to reveal the truth of the wars between the reborn Iksar Empire, Sarnaks, and Dragons and uncover artifacts long since thought lost to history. The lush, nostalgic continent of Kunark begins your courageous path from the new starting city in Timorous Deep.

Rise of Kunark is the fourth expansion pack for the critically acclaimed EverQuest II franchise. With the introduction of the new playable race, the Sarnak, and new starting area, Timorous Deep, Rise of Kunark provides a full range of content for new player’s levels 1-20 as well as advanced, high level players whom can now achieve up to level 80 in high level zones, both increasing their Adventure and Tradeskill classes.

Rise of Kunark includes many highly-detailed areas that are fondly remembered from EverQuest as well as brand new areas only recently unearthed! Hundreds of new quests, dozens of new NPCs, brand new Epic Weapon quests for each class, and new armor sets await those who dare set foot on this fabled continent.

Feature Set:

All-New Player Race – Start up a brand new Sarnak – the classic dragon-like humanoid creature that now inhabits Timorous Deep. Exiled from your homeland and magically altered, discover how your new breed came to be, and eventually return home to help your race triumph over the evil Iksar.

New Starting Area – Begin your adventure from the new starting area in the islands of Timorous Deep. Conclude your day of epic quests and retire to new housing within the Village of Gorowyn.

Level Cap Raised – Continue your adventures on your existing character in Kunark, expanding on your achievements as Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild levels all increase to 80.

More Unique Zones – Advance your way through new massive regions, containing many zones filled with nostalgia and danger, such as the Emerald Jungle and the Skyfire Mountains

Hundreds of New Quests – The tale of Kunark is told through hundreds of new quests, aimed at gameplay of all types: solo, group, and raid.

More Weapons & Armor – New Epic Weapon quests for all 24 classes, with new weapons for both those who raid and those who choose not to. Battle through the opposition and acquire additional fabled and legendary armor sets as well.

New Mount – Explore the world on the shoulders of a new rampaging beast - The Kunarkian Rhinoceros.

New Deities – Recent activities on Norrath have again attracted the attention of the gods. Bertoxxulous the Plaguebringer, Karana the Rain Keeper, and the mysterious Tribunal return to exert their influences on planet. As with the existing gods of Norrath, players may pledge to these new deities to gain access to their Blessings and Miracles.

Dozens of New NPCs – Encounter and engage a wide variety of new enemies that inhabit the menacing lands of Kunark.
It's a fledgling Anna's Hummingbird.

Thriller
End Game

Postby Thriller » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:35 am

Kunark was awsome with the exception of Karnors trains.

T
¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤Valde¤

http://cakedraftmasters.com/

Gonz
End Game

Postby Gonz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:50 am

Kunark was awsome with the exception of Karnors trains.

/em points at Saalron.

Gonz
End Game

Postby Gonz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:52 am

P.S. If only they had a sarnak race back in original EQ... Free Chardok rings woulda been dope!

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:31 am

I might be checking this out with Tress when it's released. I loved Kunark except for the massive amount of running around you had to do before they added druid rings. It's like 75% of the zones were never used (Dalnir anyone?) because of this (well and because of terrible loot I suppose).

I wonder if Gorenaire will still be chillin' in the Dreadlands?
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Adrienna
End Game

Postby Adrienna » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Actually Pry, with the Kingdom of Sky expansion they moved alot of the previously outside dragons to inside instances, Gorenaire included.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=1812656

The video on this one is pretty bad, but it's funny reading all the comments about the crappy music. Listening to the music is pretty funny too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-WGY5ju3JA
It's a fledgling Anna's Hummingbird.

hoeser
N00b

Postby hoeser » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:24 am

Thriller wrote:Kunark was awsome with the exception of Karnors trains.

T

I think what you meant was Kunark sucked with the exception of Karnors trains.
Upgreydd <80 Death Knight>
Hoeser <80 Warlock> [retired]
Dark Iron

scarboar
Sr. Peon

Postby scarboar » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:11 am

I don't know man, I loved KC for the trains, that was the best part. It was always a zoo.

hoeser
N00b

Postby hoeser » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:42 am

You should go make a Karnor's train, they'll be nobody to train but it could be fun. Maybe you could solo Venril Sathir while you're there.
Upgreydd <80 Death Knight>

Hoeser <80 Warlock> [retired]

Dark Iron

Tryte
Sr. Peon

Postby Tryte » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:20 pm

Wasnt really impressed with it =X
Tryte

Image[/url]

emerald
Sr. Peon

Postby emerald » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:32 pm

EQ 2 was sooo much more fun to me then WoW is/was. I never would have stopped playing but my stupid dual core laptop running on vista couldnt play EQ2 if it's life depended on it and I cant be at a PC anymore cuse of the toddler. :(
--

Emmy

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:08 am

hey emerald! how have you been? i've missed you baby, come back and slap me around some more, there has to be a couple good reasons to.

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:32 pm

Hey Emerald how is Kunark? Does it evoke the feel of EQ1's Kunark?
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

emerald
Sr. Peon

Postby emerald » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:28 am

I will slap you anytime...anyplace doom. You ALWAYS deserve it. :D I havent played kunark yet :( I havent played anything!
--

Emmy

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:59 pm

hows life being a mommy?

Return to “Agony General”