vista to xp

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Annihilate
Sr. Peon

vista to xp

Postby Annihilate » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:31 am

any one got a list of what ya need to do to go from vista to xp other then reformating it for a lap top vista sucks my nuts on cumputers that are less then good

i know i need drivers for everything cause most of thses thing were made after xp. would basic stuff work for the mean time? or do i need stuff beforhand?

Grihm
End Game

Postby Grihm » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:01 am

Definitely check out your hardware before you try to roll back to XP. I've run into a few models that have hardware that only supports vista. The sony line of laptops has been the biggest pain in the ass when it comes to this. Unless you have a very new laptop (or a sony) chances are good that at some point there were XP drivers for your model.

To be sure I would google your laptop make/model with "xp driver" added in to the search. You will find that tons of people are switching back and some companies have even started posting xp drivers on website that did not have them originally.

Good luck. I'm getting used to vista but I still think it's a terrible resource hog and the support has sucked ass.

Annihilate
Sr. Peon

Postby Annihilate » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:16 am

thanx grim thats lot of help ! i found i few things but the whole think kinda makes my head hurt! it all good thou .

Grihm
End Game

Postby Grihm » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:54 pm

Shoot me a PM if you have any more questions, it's no problem.

Return to “Agony General”