Terron Gorefiend Instructional Video Film!

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Jindi
Sr. Peon

Terron Gorefiend Instructional Video Film!

Postby Jindi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:47 am

http://dreness.com/wow/videos/terron.mov

Enjoy

(requires quicktime)

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:01 am

That's so weird, seeing things from a different angle (and hearing my voice on vent). Pretty neat tho - do you fraps all our fights?

Jindi
Sr. Peon

Postby Jindi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:10 am

Fydax wrote:That's so weird, seeing things from a different angle (and hearing my voice on vent). Pretty neat tho - do you fraps all our fights?

No, only some... not actually using fraps though (it's a windows thang). Instead I use the in-game video recording (it's a mac thang), and I tell WoW not record audio along with the video. I configure WoW to send sound output to a virtual sound device (called SoundFlower). Vent also is configured to send its output to the virtual sound device. Then I use another audio app (GarageBand) to receive audio from SoundFlower, sum the two channels, and do a bit of compression (audio normalization).

Then I use iMovie to composite the audio that I recorded from GarageBand and the video I recorded from WoW. A bit of sliding is all it takes to get the sync right...

I intended to record an entire night of audio and video the night we downed council. As it turns out I ran out of disk space *just* before we killed it, so that basically sucked. I also have about 20 archi attempts that might make a fun bloopers reel some day, heh

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:13 am

Actually I'd love to see the council footage, especially if you have sound. It's amazingly hard for me to pay attention to anything else except Gathios. Maybe that will change eventually, as I become more accustomed to the judgement timers.

Cobaro
Sr. Peon

Postby Cobaro » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:47 am

ill give you a rundown on the council fight fyd. I beat on the rogue for 15 secs and then twiddle my thumbs for the next 30 sec. Then I charge, mangle, mangle, and then more thumb twiddling for 30 sec. Fun fight!

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:55 am

No, only some... not actually using fraps though (it's a windows thang). Instead I use the in-game video recording (it's a mac thang), and I tell WoW not record audio along with the video. I configure WoW to send sound output to a virtual sound device (called SoundFlower). Vent also is configured to send its output to the virtual sound device. Then I use another audio app (GarageBand) to receive audio from SoundFlower, sum the two channels, and do a bit of compression (audio normalization).

Man, it's great the Mac can do all that stuff! That's like all kinds of functionality.

Windows users would be just stuck with hitting the record button in Fraps. If you have a quad core, you wouldn't even get the joy of the compression step, it can be done for you.

-Remagi

P.S. Couldn't resist, I own a Mac and a PC, calm down Jobs boy!
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

Jindi
Sr. Peon

Postby Jindi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Fydax wrote:Actually I'd love to see the council footage, especially if you have sound. It's amazingly hard for me to pay attention to anything else except Gathios. Maybe that will change eventually, as I become more accustomed to the judgement timers.

Ok I pieced together a one hour and twenty minute chunk of video + game sound + vent from that evening; didn't get the kill though. It's compressing now, and will probably be a fairly huge file, so will take some time to upload.

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Cool.

Return to “Agony General”