In YOUR opinion (2.4)

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Rawr
N00b
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, upstairs and downstairs sideways and backwards

In YOUR opinion (2.4)

Postby Rawr » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:41 pm

How do you think this'll effect SSC/TK guilds now that they removed hyjal and BT attunements? Personally I thinik it's kinda bad. Since kael and vashj are both checks to see if you have the dps and gear needed to survive. I think kael is the main choke point for most guilds. Though theres very little challenge now. But the good thing is, you can go straight to em instead of killing all the previous bosses. wewtzors!

But meh. Think guilds that are 6/6 SSC and 3/4 TK still try and down kael? Any non-idiot tank or healer would really want that chest token and now he drops 3...so thats a good point >_> and IIRC all bosses drop badges now =O

WoW chars:

Bori-Coilfang (dwarf huntard alt)

Zamphias-Ysera (ally drood alt)

and my main: riolmar-boulderfist <reverie> /flex

Kommisar
End Game

Postby Kommisar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:08 pm

I think the real reason for the change is to make it easier for Hyjal/BT guilds to recruit replacements...

As for how it'll affect the SSC/TK guilds. If they're on Kael... frankly, a bunch of the bosses in Hyjal and BT are easier than Kael, and have lower gear requirements. I think you'll see a lot of guilds that are 5/6SSC, 3/4TK, and then like 2/5 Hyjal 4/9 BT.

Smart guilds will still make consistent progress and pick which boss they want to go after next according to required gear, dps, etc...

Stupid guilds will flail against harder Hyjal and BT bosses too early instead of staying in SSC/TK long enough to have the gear required to progress in T6 zones.

It should be interesting to watch, if nothing else...
80 Warrior - Ysera
70 Paladin, Team Karana! (retired)
Undeniable proof:
Forever Can-Head.

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:19 pm

I predict people currently stuck on Kael will skip right by him and never look back.

Rawr
N00b
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, upstairs and downstairs sideways and backwards

Postby Rawr » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:00 pm

Sadly true fydax. Kael, while a bitch of a fight. Is some of the most fun I've had in WoW, to be honest TBC disappointed me with boss fights. Prince was kinda-fun, and I really liked vashj, hell I love all the end-bosses. besides that hydross was good fun too.

But eh, vanilla WoW was where it was at for raids. Remember vael in BWL? or c'thun? now those were hard fights, and fun.

WoW chars:

Bori-Coilfang (dwarf huntard alt)

Zamphias-Ysera (ally drood alt)

and my main: riolmar-boulderfist <reverie> /flex

Annihilate
Sr. Peon

Postby Annihilate » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm

we didnt make it to C' thun hes way too much trouble to do cause naxx was out and seeing better gear . however i wished i got to fight him, huhu was hard enoff thou, lol so its really always been like this when i joined agony i was in like crap gear and somehow was doing really well so they keeped me and the highist boss ever been up to razorgore befor that skiping everything and doing raz in naxx lol it was fun and its the same idia for this the best players out there are not always the most geard poeple though it helps a lot now.

Arly
End Game

Postby Arly » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Anni, your gear coulda sucked ass, hell, your playing coulda sucked ass, we love you because you're entertaining!

It took us so long to figure out what you were trying to say, that by the time we'd figure it out, you were already an integral member!

Noteworthy
End Game

Postby Noteworthy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:57 am

Arly wrote:Anni, your gear coulda sucked ass, hell, your playing coulda sucked ass, we love you because you're entertaining!

It took us so long to figure out what you were trying to say, that by the time we'd figure it out, you were already an integral member!

lolololol qtd. for truths

Annihilate
Sr. Peon

Postby Annihilate » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:31 am

Arly wrote:Anni, your gear coulda sucked ass, hell, your playing coulda sucked ass, we love you because you're entertaining!

so dose that mean i can come back when the next exp hits ?

i miss all of you and i hate playing my lock now all i do is hit one button now well 2 shadowbolt /shadowbolt /shadow bolt 90% agrro soulshater/shadow bolt /shadow bolt 90% agrro OH fuck then shadowbolt go's off critc "fuck" die "sorry al i crit 6 times in a row and soul shaterd" lol with shaman at least i got options... lol

Mckaime
End Game

Postby Mckaime » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:01 am

Annihilate wrote:

so dose that mean i can come back when the next exp hits ?

Well, I need to check and make sure we have 2 raid slots available. One for you, one for the translator :P

We are recruiting, though, no harm in re-apping!

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:03 am

i love threads with anni typing, it's like playing a language roulette.

Annihilate
Sr. Peon

Postby Annihilate » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:29 am

lol not posable you guys are in Bt i would be worthless i dont even have a viable healing set. anyway i said when Wotlk comes out. sence that would be the only time i could catch up.

Mckaime
End Game

Postby Mckaime » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:33 pm

Annihilate wrote:lol not posable you guys are in Bt i would be worthless i dont even have a viable healing set. anyway i said when Wotlk comes out. sence that would be the only time i could catch up.

farm badges and you'll be off to a good start. also, provided we down illidan in the next week or 2, I wouldn't discount us swooping in to farm kael post 2.4.

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:42 pm

I dont know if you saw this mckaime, but the essence of immortals thing was dropped. So the reasons to go back and redo Kael have shrunk to just getting gear that Rd claims he wants!

Stromm
Staff

Postby Stromm » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Kael is easier than Vashj! People will just skip Vashj (and probably Kael too)
STROMMFUUCCKKKKKKK

Mckaime
End Game

Postby Mckaime » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Fydax wrote:I dont know if you saw this mckaime, but the essence of immortals thing was dropped. So the reasons to go back and redo Kael have shrunk to just getting gear that Rd claims he wants!

spending 1 hour on kael a week > listening to RD cry for 16 hours a week

mmmhmmm

Return to “Agony General”