Firefly

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Burlatin
Peon

Firefly

Postby Burlatin » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:38 pm

Someone mentioned the show to me last night and I was seeing if anyone know anything about it. He said it was amazing, but i'd like some other opinions!
Allow me to re-introduce myself
My name is Hov', OH, H-to-the-O-V
I used to move snowflakes by the O-Z
I guess even back then you can call me
CEO of the R-O-C, Hov!
http://www.speedtest.net/result/41441451.png

Fydax
Staff

Postby Fydax » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:41 pm

it's amazing.

Fiori
Peon

Postby Fiori » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:53 pm

It's amazing
"I can kill you with my mind." - River Tam, Serenity

Ink
End Game

Postby Ink » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Best series made in many many years. Own it, love it
"I ran a couple heroics with Rd a long time ago before he was even in Agony, but I think that's it" - Gannis

Ryan-Roshen
Sr. Peon

Postby Ryan-Roshen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:49 pm

I agree with the above posts

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:24 pm

It was a great, if short lived series.

I'll mention again that people who discount Buffy and Angel (made by the same guy, Whedon) because they were "chick shows" are missing out. Both had ups and downs but were shitloads better than the absolute crap and tripe that is on TV nowadays. Buffy season 1 was forgettable unfortunately, so it tends to sour people sometimes, but pick 2 random episode from season 3 and watch them first if you must, to get the vibe of the show when it was on even footing.

-Remagi
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

Thriller
End Game

Postby Thriller » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:43 pm

Its about 3/5ths as good as BSG.

T
¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤Valde¤

http://cakedraftmasters.com/

Baps Zerg
N00b

Postby Baps Zerg » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:43 pm

I like Firefly. I am a Whedon Fan boy (Angel and Buffy). Serenity dissapointed me as it snuffed my favourite sub plot, being Bishop or I think his name was.

Firefly is an awesome concept, though the minor detais sin BSG blows it away. The props department need a massive injection of funds.

The temperement of some scenes feels like it is being directed by a distracted 12 year old who is too impatient because he wants to go make out. Whilst other scenes are completely enthralling. Joss can capture images that other directors would not imagine, his style of shooting out of the box is his second best asset (he is an amazing writer) and also his worse down fall.

Just like Buffy and Angel, the best episodes is when he moves away from the mainstream formula and blindsides expectations. The two Episodes that spring to mind are the fireball episode when Serenity loses power, and the Bounty HUnter episode.

BSG has its down falls too, and unfortunately Firefly was cancelled before it could bloom. It feels that the majority of episodes Joss was caged by the Network to produce mainstream money maker, where it definately required to gain a niche market, which would eventually led to mainstream acceptance...

Just a few thoughts...

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:10 pm

firefly makes my balls all sweaty and moist, there's a firefly reference in wow too btw-if you get the firefly pet from zangarmarsh when you inspect the object it says "still flying"-

"I am a leaf on the wind"

Annihilate
Sr. Peon

Postby Annihilate » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:06 pm

Thriller wrote:Its about 3/5ths as good as BSG.

T

QFT

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 am

it's only 3/5 because bsg is still going (or it was when i left) and bsg has a more widely known backstory so it's easier for people to get into.

firefly was a really brilliant idea executed well but just didn't get the viewership it deserved. bsg is amazing and so well written it makes my nuts sore, i miss both shows and wish i had some dvds or downloads to put on my machine now.

someone host season 3 bsg for me! i r need fix!

Adrienna
End Game

Postby Adrienna » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:56 am

Firefly really is an amazing show, but I am a Whedon fan-girl. :)

And speaking of BSG ... 4 more days till the premiere of the final season!

Doom, can you get them off Piratebay? They will be posted within hours of airing.

Blyx
N00b

Postby Blyx » Tue May 27, 2008 1:18 pm

No mention of the very well done Serenity?!?!?!?! Great movie based off of the Firefly series which should be on it's 7th season if people didn't give such a shit about Nascar and Dancing with the Stars. Anyways /wave

Return to “Agony General”