Free EQ!

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Kaydog
Sr. Peon

Postby Kaydog » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:30 am

doesn't matter with EQ2
My friend in Australia really wants to get a new boomerang, but he just can't seem to throw the old one away.

Joramen
N00b

Postby Joramen » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:49 pm

Nope, doesnt matter at all. Send me or any of the other officers a tell and we'll snag you into Agony with the rest of us. Once the guild halls go in we'll see what happens with it being in freeport and about 40% of us being good races :)

Adri started it but was gone so much she made me and Siara officers, so we both have toons that can invite.

The Gooch
Sr. Peon

Postby The Gooch » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:07 pm

so is it a free two months from when it gets activated, up until July 25 or whatever... or did the free two months start already and the clock is ticking?
The eyes are the groin of the head - Dwight Schrute

EDINGER INCIDENT - Electronica with a splash of Limon

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:17 pm

Yeah the clock is already ticking
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Joramen
N00b

Postby Joramen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:17 pm

If you cant find us send me an email and I will go ahead and log in in the evening and invite if no one's on. Siara and I have been working on 71 in EQ :)
Joramen - 82 Warrior EQ
Joramen - 64 Wizard EQ2 (retired)
Taos - 80 Paladin WOW

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:39 pm

I already uninstalled EQ1. sorry.

gluttonie
Peon

Postby gluttonie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:27 am

Prybutok wrote:I already uninstalled EQ1. sorry.

did the nostalgia wear off that fast? I still think back to the EQ days playing with all Agony and friends and think what an amazing time... but i know if i played again it would tarnish my memory of the good times.

I am still hopefully a new MMO will come out that we could all play like that again.

It is a shame i never got into WoW. I think all the new terminology was to much for me at the time. Now i think i am so far behind I would been bummed being such a noob
Where did all the good sizzle go?

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:58 pm

The nostalgia kinda wore off before I even was able to log in. 18 hours of downloading patches was enough to remind me about the suckfulness of EQ.

And then logging in and running around Qeynos and Blackburrow for awhile satisfied my nostalgia cravings.

I might have tried to get a group or something but I couldn't really remember how to do anything (except use my SoW sword and gnome pots!).

So yeah, EQ is more fun to remember playing than it actually is to play. Oh well, what can you do.

Joramen
N00b

Postby Joramen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:12 pm

I can see where the downloading would have been a pain in the backside, Took me about 2 hours with the beta station thingie. And its slow going getting back into the swing of things and being way behind everyone else again is an odd feeling. However it is coming back and I'm almost able to tank the green ones again (Which ones are the green ones? they are all green!)
Joramen - 82 Warrior EQ

Joramen - 64 Wizard EQ2 (retired)

Taos - 80 Paladin WOW

Return to “Agony General”