Just wondering if anyone else has any better idea.....

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Dormic Garr
N00b

Just wondering if anyone else has any better idea.....

Postby Dormic Garr » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:23 am

I bought a new computer a month or two ago and ever since I got it, I have had nothing but problems from it. For the most part, it runs like a champ, but alot of the graphics on the web will show up distorted, and WoW will crash at random, which shouldn't be happening, especially considering I get no lag whatsoever from anywhere in the game.

I beleived the problem to be an outdated driver issue, so I downloaded the newest drivers for my graphics card. Yet after I begain to try and install them, I get a message saying that the file I downloaded was corrupted. I have noticed that I get this not from just the driver, but other files I DL from the web. I changed web browsers, and that didn't help.

I am pretty much out of idea's, I am not the most computer savy guy out there, so I am not sure what the problem is. I am hoping its an easy fix, but I suppose I shall find out soon enough, would greatly appreciate any idea's from you guys.

remagi
End Game

Postby remagi » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:07 am

Sounds almost certainly like a virus. When you download something repeatedly from different sources and it says it's corrupt, it's probably because the file is being modified by a resident virus as you download it.

Google "Online virus check" and try a couple of those sites before doing anything else - Symantec, McAffee, most of the well known virus package makers have free online scans to at least detect them if not fix them.

-Remag
GREEN.

"Please don't lock up these words." - Lenny Bruce

Prybutok
Staff

Postby Prybutok » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:11 am

I've been using AntiVir for a couple years now and have never been hit by anything. Oh and it's FREE.
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain." -Captain Murphy

Return to “Agony General”