Agony in WAR?

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Rolinn
N00b

Agony in WAR?

Postby Rolinn » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:50 pm

I havent touched an MMoRPG since leaving WoW. I know when I came here askin about Vanguard, word on the street was Warhammer was where it was gonna be. Im sure WoW is still Agonys primary focus, especially with the new expansion and all, but would love to muck around in Warhammer if yall are there. Post or PM would be appreciated.

Also, man, amazing stuff on the front page RD. Good to see you guys/gals are still kickin ass and takin names.

Kyokan
Sr. Peon

Postby Kyokan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:11 pm

I tried the beta today. I played for about 30 minutes and its extremely WoWish. It kind of reminds me how FPS games will use the unreal or halflife engine and just mod the fuck out of it and call it a new game. The minimap, the questing system, the controls, the UI, the items, and many other things have been taken from wow and put into WAR. Although I have to admit, theyve done a much better job with this game than any other previous wow clone. It has a quality look and feel to it that games like Vanguard lack. But in the end, I've come to the same conclusion that I come to with every wow clone: why play it when you could just have the real thing? I suppose it would be heaven if you are a huge warhammer fan and love the gameplay of wow. But thats about it. Its exactly like wow...but with a warhammer skin.

Veratu
Guild Leader aka BossGnome(tm)

Postby Veratu » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Fuck WAR that is all.

-V
Classic moments in Agony history:
Clarnin says out of character "CHEAL TO ONNESSA"
Minimeatz has been slain by Saryn

Who are you supposed to heal again?
--
The power house of Agony DPS and it's just 2 people!
*Minimeatz, Serafina, Nukiin, Blastiin, Atomiic, Tesia, Shorticus, Ionn, Elektron, Gnutron

gluttonie
Peon

Postby gluttonie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:38 am

is it that bad V? is the RvR atleast like DAoC?
Where did all the good sizzle go?

Braindrop
End Game

Postby Braindrop » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:41 am

Veratu wrote:Fuck WAR that is all.

-V

+1

Veratu
Guild Leader aka BossGnome(tm)

Postby Veratu » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:56 am

It's not bad if you want a WoW clone, with a different graphics engine, and RvR.

I won't be buying it, I've been in beta for a while and I saw enough to not want to play release.

-V
Classic moments in Agony history:
Clarnin says out of character "CHEAL TO ONNESSA"
Minimeatz has been slain by Saryn

Who are you supposed to heal again?
--
The power house of Agony DPS and it's just 2 people!
*Minimeatz, Serafina, Nukiin, Blastiin, Atomiic, Tesia, Shorticus, Ionn, Elektron, Gnutron

Stromm
Staff

Postby Stromm » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Veratu wrote:It's not bad if you want a WoW clone, with a different graphics engine, and RvR.

I won't be buying it, I've been in beta for a while and I saw enough to not want to play release.

-V

Kaydog has 2 beta accounts and he gave me one but I've been struggling to actually get it downloaded. From what he told me it seems like Warcraft with nothing special to seperate the two.
STROMMFUUCCKKKKKKK

Paldail
Sr. Peon

Postby Paldail » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Stromm wrote:\ From what he told me it seems like Warcraft with nothing special to seperate the two.

but but... but... there is an achievement to click your character 100 times... thats way different than WoW!
Paldail lvl 70 Paladin retired!
Arrowup lvl 65 Ranger retired!
Arrowup lvl 60 Hunter retired!

Paldail lvl 70 Warrior - Sold out to Vindication!

Return to “Agony General”