Here's what I expect at V's house at the next BBQ

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Aeshma
Peon

Here's what I expect at V's house at the next BBQ

Postby Aeshma » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Argagarg
End Game

Postby Argagarg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Not having a desk is overated, if he is actually a good player I'm impressed. I'm not entirely sure my mouse wielding skills are quite high enough to play on the end of a lazyboy on a screen that size.

Doomsayer
End Game

Postby Doomsayer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 am

pointlessly excessive but whatever it all made sense when they mentioned he was from texas.

Cobaro
Sr. Peon

Postby Cobaro » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:00 am

I've had the pleasure of playing WoW on a 98" screen before using a projector and from my experience, its actually significantly more difficult to play on a screen of that size. You find yourself having to move your head more and unless you have the whole setup of a projector drop down screen and a completely dark room, this picture quality does not even compare to a monitor or television screen.

As for the desk part, I know players who consistently play from a recliner, etc, and still perform perfectly. While its not my preference, I'm sure there are plenty of wow players who often play on a recliner or sofa without you knowing.

The one nice part about playing on a screen of such large size tho is that it amplifies the amount of real estate you have on your screen. I currently play on a 37" TV and it makes it much easier to setup addons and position them to the sides of the screen when they do not have to be as large as they would be on say a typical 19" monitor. You'll also probably find that most players in this guild have setups which employ a monitor/screen size greater than 24".

Return to “Agony General”