iPhone and Bluetooth

This is where general Agony discussion takes place.

Moderator: Staff

Xephos
End Game

iPhone and Bluetooth

Postby Xephos » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 am

Most people know that I'm developing an iPhone game for my senior design project and I have a question for the people out there more intelligent than me in the field.

We are using Bonjour to find other devices for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Bonjour is simple enough to do what we need so we used it instead of the GameKit Framework. The issue is that we need to be able to find out if a device is connected via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi as both will be running simultaneously.

For testing purposes for my professor, we have to display the Bluetooth image or a Wi-Fi image next to the name in our device list to say which connection type it is.

So my question is, is there a way to tell which connection is being made with the device. We've searched the internet (not me personally) and have found nothing the indicates that you can see inside the Bonjour NetService that flags Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Any help?
Permanent Agony FNG
"I only wanna do it once, and I want to be strapped into a dude"

Output
N00b

Postby Output » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:57 am

You can include IOHIDKeys.h and then get the IOHID for the device.. And just look at the IOHIDTransportKey, if it has a Transportkey then it is a bluetooth device..

I still dont understand why you would want to do that though.. If you are using Bonjour then you are using the same calls to get and put to all the devices..

Return to “Agony General”